Accessible Astro Starter
An Accessible Starter Theme for Astro including accessiblity features such as landmarks, better focus-outline and skip-links navigation.
The Accessible Astro Starter is designed to help you build your project faster and provide a solid base for accessibility!
The theme includes some dedicated accessible components (such as a keyboard accessible and responsive navigation) and several components provided by the Accessible Astro Components package.
The theme also includes example pages, a blog with dynamic routes, a custom 404 page and many Design System utility classes, patterns and primitives (such as grids, buttons, lists, spacings, sizes and more).
- Semantic HTML and accessible landmarks
- Outline focus indicator which works on dark and light backgrounds
- ARIA attributes which provide a better experience for screen reader users
- Visually hidden "Skip to content" link
- Navigation menu with full keyboard support and accessible mobile navigation
- Dark mode support with a user toggle and default support for a user's preferred color scheme
- Breadcrumbs, pagination, header, and footer components
- Automatically disables animations for users that have this preference turned on
- SEO Component for setting page-specific metadata
- Preconfigured with dynamic routes for a basic blog, with breadcrumbs and pagination
- Custom 404 error page which you can adjust to your needs
- Accessible Astro Components package comes preinstalled with extra components such as Accordions, Modals and Notifications
- The Astro Icon package is also preinstalled which can be applied to different use cases